8. July 2013

In the spring, I thought it was a nice idea to put out stale pieces of bread on the balcony table.  The little chickadees were loving it and stopping by every morning to see if anything was out there.  Sounds cute, right?  Well, now that the days are getting warmer, I leave the door from the kitchen to the balcony open most days to let in the bright sunlight.  But when I leave the kitchen and come back 10 or so minutes later, these gutsy little birds have invited themselves into my house and are poking around under the table, on the countertops, and wherever else they please, looking for a crumb or two.


Even this doesn't sound horrible.  I mean, they're chickadees, right?  Its not like they're crows or seagulls or something.  But I will tell you when the line was crossed.  When I went to wipe down the kitchen table and found little bird poops dotting the table.  They pushed their invitation too far...